Summer is here! I know, officially summer begins on June 21, but Memorial Day unofficially kicks off summer! Right? You can see it in the flowers, sunny days, the summer dresses, and fruity drinks! What are you up to this holiday weekend? Are you going to any barbecues, the beach, or out of town? We have dinner plans and I am excited to be spending Continue reading
November has begun and with daylight savings time, it is getting dark earlier. We are in California, and by 5:00pm, you can start seeing the sun setting. I went for two evening walks this week, one with my hubby and one with my friend, Lola. By 6:00pm, I felt like it was already 8:00pm! The weather has been warm in San Diego this week, but fall weather is being felt and we finally turned off our air conditioning at home. I actually added a blanket to the bed covers at night – only on my side though, the hubby doesn’t like using a blanket.
What do you have planned for the weekend? I am heading to watch my niece in a play. It’ll be a family outing, with my siblings, sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews. I am excited to see my niece perform, she is very talented! I am also going shopping with my niece, Natalia. We will buy a scrap book for her sister, my niece, Ana Paola. She had her Quinceañera last week and I took lots of fun pictures. I will print some pictures for her and give them to her as a gift with the scrap book. We’ll get together another day to assemble and decorate the scrap book. I think it will be a nice surprise! I will also try to go for a walk with Natalia (she will ride her bicycle), so I can get some exercise and we can chat! I love my nieces and spending time with them is one of my favorite things to do! Hope you have a nice weekend….here are some fun links from the web!
What are you up to this weekend?
– Thanksgiving is in a few weeks: 31 Essential Desserts for the Holiday (recipes included)
– Not sure which blush to wear this winter? Best Blush for Winter (according to Vogue Editors)
– Do you like Sriracha sauce? Now you can take it everywhere, even on a flight: Sriracha to Go Keychain Bottle, such a cool idea & it’s refillable!!! Now someone make a Mexican hot sauce or jalapeño version, please.
– Do you want to start to meditate? Learn how with Oprah & Deepak’s Free 21-Day Meditation Experience: Energy of Attraction. It’s an audio guided meditation you can do at home. I signed up! Did I mention, it’s free?
– Support a good cause. Attend the March of Dimes’ San Diego Signature Chefs & Master Mixologists Gala. Learn more about the March of Dimes on their site. In case you are wondering, like I was before I started volunteering with them five years ago, the March of Dimes provides programs for mothers and babies, and funding for research to support healthier babies.
– Have you seen this? You must see it! Saturday Night Live’s: Jim Carrey Spoof of Matthew McConaughey’s Lincoln ads. Hilarious!!! It’s gotten more than 7 million views in one week!
– Ellen also did a spoof on the Matthew McConaughey Lincoln ads. Her spoof made me laugh out loud, especially the last line! Gotta love Ellen! Her version has gotten almost 5 million views!
– If you love pets, you can support Black Tie CEO Club’s event: Diamonds Are Forever Fashion Contest, 100% of the proceeds go to help abandoned & abused dogs raises funds. The event will be held on November 18, at Aston Martin San Diego and sounds exciting, very glam & glitzy ! Tickets are only $20.
Hope you had a nice week! What are you up to this weekend? Even though we are already in the second week of September, the weather continues to be warm & the sun is shining brightly, so let’s try to stretch summer a few more days! If you go to the beach….try to touch the water and get your feet wet! It feels amazing! I started the weekend with dinner out last night with the hubby. Today, I’m heading to a baby shower and looking forward to time with friends, and all the aaahs & oooohs when the gifts are opened, of course! Here are a few links from the internet: some cute, some about beauty, tips, yummy food, and mostly just fun! Hope you like them and they make you smile!
Have a wonderful weekend….hugs,
Funny thoughts shared by a mom of three, made me laugh!
Tis’ the season: Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe – you can make at home, looks delicious!
The Velvet Berry Lip: how to apply it correctly – going to get one for the season. It’s beautiful & intense!
If you like espresso: the Handpresso, a travel-sized espresso maker. Nice, you can get your coffee fix even when you travel!
Silly things couples argue about: it’s the little, everyday things that can get on your partner’s nerves. This funny video, made me laugh out loud!
I need this after yesterday’s dinner! That is what I get for eating fried & salty food! Five Tricks to Beat Bloat Now.
Doesn’t everyone love to get a Gift With Purchase: Estee Lauder gives you an 8 piece gift.
Movie I am looking forward to seeing, trailer looks good: The Maze Runner, reminds me of The Hunger Games.